Thursday, August 21, 2008

New respect for Bob Dylan

Yesterday I got the idea that I would play a little chord progression I wrote on mandolin while playing a melody on harmonica. Not easy. I can do either one perfectly fine on their own. I can even pat my head and rub my stomach at the same time. But it's going to take some serious shedding before I can execute this together. And I need to figure out a better way to hold the harmonica, because that metal neck contraption that Dylan used is a piece of junk.


But let's face it, Bob Dylan sucked at harmonica. Now I know why.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cameron
The very best harp on the rack player I've ever heard is John Hammond Jr.
Anything solo by him with the guitar and harp will knock you out.
He's the best ... hands down.
Jimmy Reed from the late 50's was very good...( Big Boss Man ) but John makes guys like Bob and Neil seem like light weights.
Read your blog via Dave Hahn's blog.